Monday, April 14, 2008

Elijah's Special Day

We blessed Elijah at church yesterday. It was a beautiful, wonderful day. We had great support from family present, and felt the love of family far away. Nathan gave a beautiful blessing, and surprised us all (me included) when he added to Elijah's name. He is now, Elijah Reid Tamatoa Ormsby. Tamatoa is Maori for young warrior. Tama (pronounced Tawmaw) means boy/son, and Toa (pronounced toe-aw) means warrior. I think it's pretty special.
After the blessing we had a few family members over for a Bar B-Q. Nathan cooked some awesome chicken. The weather was perfect, and the kids enjoyed running around in the backyard. It really was a lovely day. We sure love Elijah and the joy that he gives us daily. He is very special, and such a happy little baby. Love you Tamatoa!

P.S. Please see the other photos in the post below this.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally!! I've been waiting and watching for your post about Elijah's blessing. I was anxious to see some pictures! So precious! The blessing was beautiful. Nathan was so calm during it. I really felt the spirit (even sitting on that darned uncomfortable organ bench--ugh). I love that Nathan added to his name. Had he ever called him that prior to the blessing as a nickname or anything? Amazing.
I LOVE all the pictures. You look so lovely!
Joyce
PS.. I will be calling you soon to do VT..

The Ormsby's said...

Hi Joyce.
Tama was a name Nathan has talked about before, so it wasn't a totally out of the blue. And do give me a call about VT. I've heard they might be making some changes soon.

The Ormsbys down under said...

What a wonderful day, wish we could have been there in person, although you know we were there in our thoughts. What an absolutely gorgeous baby Elijah is...not at all bias!!
Love the pics in the slideshow too. All are beautiful, particularly happy to see one of all of you together.

Rodriguez Family said...

what a beautiful family! I loved "stalking" your blog to keep up on how quickly your babies grow up!

Jessica said...

What a cute family you have. Elijah is just so handsome and mellow looking. I love the addition to the name

Unknown said...

I love the addition! :) You guys are so cute! I love your blessing pictures! I can't believe how big he and everyone else is gettin!

Unknown said...

ps you look so beautiful! I love the dress you wore!

Celeste said...

I'm so sad I missed his blessing! Of course it was the one Sunday that I was out of town! My sister blessed her baby, too. Your pictures are so beautiful. I'm glad that it was so nice. Love it.

Summer said...

How sweet! I love his name - all of it!