Wednesday, September 26, 2007
That's right, last night at 7 o'clock Noah, who was having a wonderful time spinning in circles, collided with the corner of our coffee table. The corner of the table felt the need to ram itself deep into his head, just above his eyebrow. So, off to the ER we went. (After I called Nathan and told him to hurry home - he was out renting a movie for our "relaxing" night. Ha ha) Noah was amazing. By the time we got to the ER he was as happy as can be. He flirted with the nurses, and didn't have a problem with anyone touching is 1/2 - 3/4" laceration. The doctor decided to "super glue" it shut. That was fine with us, I didn't like the thought of a needle being inserted into his forehead. We were in and out of the ER in an hour. Amazing!! I must say I'm very impressed with Ogden Regional. Kudos to them. So, that was our exciting night. I'll take a picture today, and post it later.
Oh, I have fixed my comments settings so that everyone can leave a comment now. So, feel free. :)
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Saturday is a special day, it's the day . . .
. . . Jenny went costume shopping (for Halloween),
. . . Jenny went to "Super Saturday" (also knows as Craft Day for Enrichment)
and . . . Jenny finally got her square wreath she has wanted for almost 2 years now!!!
Can you tell today had a theme? Me, me, me. I spent the day with my friend Jen (notice her awesome name?!). We fought off women at stores this morning for extremely cheap Halloween costumes. Then, I went to her ward (my old one) for Super Saturday. There we ate crepes for breakfast, talked a lot, and then had tosdadas for lunch. What crafts did we do? That's strictly confidential. Not really, we made some bracelets, and got the much desired square wreath! I left Nathan with the kiddies this morning at 8:30 a.m., and did not return till 3 p.m. Thank you Nathan. I had a fabulous day.
Friday, September 14, 2007
All right, I thought I'd try this "list". It ended up being harder than I thought. Enjoy.
8 Things I'm Passionate About (passionate seems like such a strong word)
1. That I HATE crumbs!!
2. I can’t go to sleep until I’ve checked on my kids one last time, and have told Nathan that I love him.
3. “Sanitizing” everyone’s hands as soon as we get in the car (after being anywhere in public).
4. Using parentheses (You’ll notice that a lot).
5. Being with my family, and laughing.
6. The color red.
7. Watching the weather report – daily.
8. Trying to be a better mother everyday.
8 Things I Want to do Before I Die
1. Run a marathon.
2. See my children grow up to be good and decent adults.
3. Earn a college degree.
4. Visit Italy and Mexico.
5. Write a children’s book and a primary song.
6. Serve a mission.
7. Play a piano concerto with a symphony.
8. Be able to parallel park.
8 Things I Say Often
1. Close the fridge!! (I remember my mother saying this one too)
2. Did you flush? Did you wash your hands?
3. What time are you going to be home?
4. Where’s your cup?
5. Stop, Don’t and/or NO!
6. Get that out of your mouth!
7. Clean up, clean up. Everybody, everywhere. (This is usually sung)
8. Sit down!
8 Books I've Recently Read (in no particular order)
1. “Peculiar” by Mary Ellen Edmunds
2. “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” (we all know who wrote this)
3. “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” (again, we all know she’s richer than the queen)4. “Oh the Places You’ll Go” by Dr. Seuss
5. “A Treasure of Bunny Stories” by Beatrix Potter
6. “Goodnight Moon” by Margaret Wise Brown
7. the Parents magazine cover to cover every month
8. the Ensign (I know the last two are mags, but they are quick reading and don’t demand a long time commitment)
8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over
1. Anything and everything by Jack Johnson
2. “Over the Rainbow” – Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo’ole
3. “Where the Streets Have No Name” – U2
4. “My Heavenly Father Loves Me” (primary song)
5. “Get’cha Head in the Game” – High School Musical
(I love that Noah and Van sing along to this one)
6. “Snow (Hey Oh)” – Red Hot Chili Peppers
7. “Song for a Winter’s Night” – Sarah McLachlan
8. Prelude in C-sharp minor Op.3 no.2 – S. Rachmaninoff
8 Things That Attract Me to My Best Friends
1. Can laugh at life’s situations.
2. Can keep a secret.
3. Has children (so that I know I’m not totally crazy)
4. Likes Dr. Pepper
5. That she has the same name. (Jenn) I know, it’s weird
6. Isn't quick to judge.
7. Is someone I’d like to be when I grow up.
8. Can make me try something new, like going shopping the day after Thanksgiving.
8 Things I've Learned in the Last Year
1. That toddler aged twins are just as hard as newborn ones.
2. I can solve a Sudoku puzzle (and that it’s addicting)
3. Your child can drink out of a dog’s water dish and live to be perfectly fine.
4. The smell of fried chicken can and will make me throw up in the grocery store.
5. Leading the music in primary makes me sweat uncontrollably.
6. It’s amazing how different a room can look when you paint a wall.
7. That my children have a better sense of direction than I do.
8. Everyday is filled with “Tender Mercies”, if you take a moment to notice them.
Marlee wanted to add something about her . . . this is what she typed. . .