Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Lets Go To The Movies

We did it. An Ormsby first. All 6 of us went the to movies. It was spur of the moment, and turned out great. Monday afternoon we saw "Horton Hears a Who". It was the Movies and Mom deal (so all the kiddies were free - AWESOME!). It was nice having a million other kids in the theater, so we didn't have to worry about ours being a disturbance. Marlee was excited, she's been to the movies a few times, but this was a first for the boys. It took almost a half hour before they took their hands off their ears. They thought the movie was loud, but they got use to it. They sat for the entire first half of the movie, but then wanted to stand the rest of the time. (They like watching TV standing up) Elijah slept in his car seat the entire time. The more noise for him, the better. We all had a good time. It was a cute movie. I love Horton. I Haven't read the book in forever, so I can't remember how it compares, but the story was cute. Horton's so much fun. My two favorite parts were when Horton crosses the bridge, and the Japanamation dream scene. That had me in tears.

3 comments:

Rodriguez Family said...

what a good idea to have a playing for mom and kids! How fun!

Celeste said...

I'm impressed. We have not all gone to the movies forever! It sounds like a lot of fun!

Jessica said...

you are so brave. I do want to see this movie so bad. I have never heard of the mom day thing