Sunday, September 7, 2008

First Day of School!!

Marlee started school on Tuesday (I know, I know, super late on the posting) She was so excited she could hardly stand it. Waiting around all morning was torture for her. We all walked her to school (the boys are jealous everyday that they don't get to go yet). She had no problem leaving our side and getting in line with her class at the flagpole. It was so fun and exciting for her that I couldn't be sad at all. Well, maybe I should say "cry". I didn't cry, but I was a little sad that my little girl is all grown up. After her first day she said, "Mom, we get to play EVERYDAY! It's like a party!" She's hooked.

We had a special dinner that night for her. We went out to eat, and she got to choose the resturant. Any resturant! So, she chose Village Inn. She loves that they make a face on the pancakes with the bacon and blueberries.
We have a video of her coming out after school, but I'm having difficulties loading it. I'll try again tomorrow morning.

6 comments:

Celeste said...

You just keep reminding Marlee that it really is a party every day! She is so cute- how could you not be a little sad to have her start school?

The Ormsbys down under said...

so gorgeous!! I can't believe she's growing up so fast...and the boys look bigger everytime we see them.

joyce said...

she couldn't be a cuter kindergartner!! She is going to love her teacher too. You're so lucky!! I thought Mrs. Ott was the best teacher for Samuel!
Marlee is such a cute, happy girl!!

Summer said...

How cute is she?!!! I'm glad she had such a great time!

Rodriguez Family said...

yay marlee! what a big girl! I still remember that bald little baby with chubby cheeks...sniff. Good old Aspen Grove!

Unknown said...

so cute! Such a big girl. Wow I can't believe it! love you guys!
PS Nate's trip looked like fun! How come you didn't get to go?