Thursday, July 16, 2009

Exactly One Year Ago

I thought it would be fun to take a peek in our digital photo album and see if there were any photos taken July 16, 2008. This is what I found . . .

Not alot has changed in a year. Noah CRIED almost 3 hours straight this morning. AHHHH! In his defense : while I was doing the dishes this morning he thought he'd show me how he could hop on one foot. He did do very well, until Marlee had to try and show him up. Instead she hopped into him, he fell over, and scratched his wrist on the dishwasher. From the way he reacted to the scratch, you would have thought he had cut his arm off. Hence, the crying for 3 hours straight.
Anyways, he looked very much the same as he did in this picture a year ago. And I saw Vance repeatedly giving him the same look, like, "Really? You're going to start crying again?"



If I remember right, Vance got the bump on his head/scratches on his nose because we went for a walk. While on that walk a dog, a lap dog, probably a Shih Tzu , CHARGED (should really read: barked at him from about 50 feet away), which caused Van to FREAK OUT, scream and attempt to run away. While running away, he tripped on the sidewalk and fell. (Or did he trip over Noah or Marlee - who were also FREAKING OUT? I'm not sure but Nathan's not here to correct my memory) Meanwhile the owner of the said dog sat on his porch and laughed hysterically. Not nice.



But in the end, even with all the crying and freaking out last year and today, and everyday inbetween, I LOVE THEM TO PIECES! And I never get tired of seeing my kids happy (and hugging)

2 comments:

The Ormsbys down under said...

that's so adorable!! Hope there's no real damage to Noah's wrist... I remember years ago, accusing Elly of over-reacting to hurting her wrist when she fell over... only to discover the next day she had broken it in two places!!
Love you guys.. hanging out for 159 days!!

The Ormsby's said...

I did the same thing with Marlee. She fell, and when we checked her out everything seemed okay. Turns out she wasn't okay, she had broken her elbow, well her funny bone really. (We had checked arms, wrist and shoulder - didn't think of the elbow) So, I have checked and rechecked Noah. He's fine. Just a scratch, thank goodness!